Sunday, November 23, 2008

I've been very slack :( Too many new games out and been too lazy to update the blog. I did however managed to play through all the songs in Guitar Hero World Tour like five times, and completed the campaign on Gears of War 2 twice.

Anyway, back to the project. I pulled apart the Playstation 2 Dual Shock Controller, and soldered the 3.3v and Ground to a pair of wires so that I can play around with the button connectors, which connect to a ribbon.

But I discovered an issue. It looks like when the button connector ribbon is not connected, the xbox thinks that ALL the buttons are pressed ALL the time, rather and no button is pressed. This is backwards to what I expected. Apparently this is a result of the Dual Shock 2 being an analogue controller. This is a bit of a setback. I will need to use my original Playstation controller.

I dug around and found my Playstation controller that I haven't used even longer than my PS2 controller. I plugged it into the Xbox to make sure that it worked before I pulled it apart. And to my surprise, it still works perfectly, which is great news. I will pull it apart and hopefully it will be much easier to work with.

No comments: